Sunday 4 January 2009

Hello and welcome!!

Hello and welcome! Hi everyone and welcome to my blog. I've been thinking about doing one for a while but wasn't sure I'd have enough interesting stuff to post, but maybe now I will :)) I don't think I'll be giving to too many people the addy to start with lol so if you're here you must be one of my privilaged few haha!!

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas and wish you all the best for the new year. Personally, I'm glad to see the back of 2008 as it really wasn't a good year for us. Tony has come very close to losing his business a few times and we're now waiting on news that will either save it or push him into finishing it.....fingers crossed for us please lol. If the news is bad, it could also mean me having to give up the job I love as I would need to look for full time work.......fingers crossed again (has everyone got enough fingers?) haha!

So here's what I've got lined up for this year that will hopefully make it better than the last one lol.

The news we're waiting on over Tony's business is that he's put in a bid for a contract that will give them approx. 3 years guaranteed work on a pretty decent wage too :)

In just over 4 weeks I'll be going into hospital for an op to remove Endometriosis. I'm hoping it will be the last but I doubt it will and for some reason I'm really scared this time (this will be the 7th one) probably because my doc has scared me by telling me it will be the biggest and most complicated one lol. I'm on the list for an earlier date if there's a cancellation which would be great but I ain't holding my breath! (Any fingers left? lol) I'm hoping this will be one of the good things as once I get over the op, it should make things alot easier for me for a while, and the longer the better!

I've been asked to run a support group for Endometriosis as there isn't one in my area so I'm waiting for news on when I can get started. At the moment the charity are looking for a venue and getting together a list of names of women that are interested (apparently there's alot!) so I'm hoping to be up and running somewhere around March/April. I'll also be getting involved with raising funds and awareness for the charity (Endometriosis UK)

We're hoping to travel to the USA sometime in the summer to visit my friend Jeanne and her family. We didn't make it last year because of the problems with Tony's business so I'm really hoping we can pull it off this year. I love it over there and we always have a brilliant time.......I think I need to start crossing my toes now lol.

Another goal we have is to get the work on our house finished. It seems like it's been going on for years (probably because it has :o) lol) so all being well by this time next year the whole lot will be done.

So............ with all this coming up this year, I should have plenty to write about.........watch this space :))

No comments:

Post a Comment